Dr. Chyuan-Chuan Wu
- Ph.D., Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Taiwan University (2008 – 2013)
- B.S., Life Science, Fu Jen Catholic University (2004 – 2008)
FIELDS OF STUDY
- Structural biology
- Macromolecular X-ray crystallography
- Molecular biology
- Molecular structure of protein-DNA complexes
- Molecular structure of protein-ligand/substrate complexes
- Multi-protein complex structure
- Structural study of bio-macromolecular complex, including protein-DNA/RNA complex and assembling of multiunit protein complex
- Allosteric regulation of protein function
- Protein targeting with small molecule drugs
- Structural and functional studies of mitochondrial DNA maintenance proteins, including nucleases, DNA polymerase and DNA helicases
- Wu, C.C., Lin, J.L.J., Yang-Yen, H.F., and Yuan, H.S.* (2019) A unique exonuclease ExoG cleaves between RNA and DNA in mitochondrial DNA replication. Nucleic Acids Research 47:5405-5419. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkz241.
- Chen, S.F., Huang, N.L., Lin, J.H., Wu, C.C., Wang, Y.R., Yu, Y.J., Gilson, M.K.*, and Chan, N.L.* (2018) Structural insights into the gating of DNA passage by the topoisomerase II DNA-gate. Nature Communications 9:3085. doi: 10.1038/s41467-018-05406-y.
- Wu, C.C.1, Baiga, T.J.1, Downes, M.1, La Clair, J.J., Atkins, A.R., Richard, S.B., Fan, W., Stockley-Noel, T.A., Bowman, M.E., Noel, J.P.*, and Evans, R.M.* (2017)
Structural basis for specific ligation of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 114:E2563-E2570. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1621513114.
(1These three authors contribute equally to this work)
- Wang, Y.R., Chen, S.F., Wu, C.C., Liao, Y.W., Lin, T.S., Liu, K.T., Chen, Y.S., Li, T.K., Chien, T.C., and Chan, N.L.* (2017) Producing irreversible topoisomerase II-mediated DNA breaks by site-specific Pt(II)-methionine coordination chemistry. Nucleic Acids Research 45:10861-10871. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkx742.
- Lin, J.L., Wu, C.C., Yang, W.Z., and Yuan, H.S.* (2016) Crystal structure of endonuclease G in complex with DNA reveals how it nonspecifically degrades DNA as a homodimer. Nucleic Acids Research 44:10480-10490. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkw931.