Application as an International Student to the Dept. of Biochemistry
*** Applicants should have basic Chinese skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing. ***
Chinese Language Courses for Degree-seeking Students:
Chinese courses for NCKU International Degree Students (CIDS)
Starting from 2006, the Office of International Affairs (OIA) provides two semesters of free Chinese courses for NCKU International Degree Students (CIDS) in order to help foreign students improve language proficiency and adapt to the new environment.
Requirements for Graduation from the Dept. of Biochemistry (Master's Degree)
- Applicants should have basic Chinese skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Applicants from non-native English speaking countries are required to provide English Proficiency Certificate (such as IELTS 5.5/ TOEFL-ITP 530/ TOEFL-CBT 197/ TOEFL-IBT 72/ TOEIC 750 or above).
- The English proficiency certificate is not required for applicants whose previous degree is from an English-speaking country (Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa or the United States of America), but the applicants have to provide their diplomas as proof.
Please make sure that you are eligible to apply as an international student.
→ Please refer to "Applicant's Eligibility"
Check that the departments/institutes and the programs you intend to apply for are open to international students.
→ Please refer to “Current Programs”
Prepare all required documents.
→Please refer both to "Application Requirements- Required Documents" and "Admission Requirements of Dept. of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology."
Check if the intended departments/institutes require additional documents, interviews and/or tests.
Interview details and schedules will be announced.
Complete the application online before the deadline.
- Register for only ONE account (please use your Email address as your username ) on the admission website “NCKU International Students Admission System”
- Log in and complete the online application to receive the application serial number.
- Pay the application fee
- Upload all supporting documents/files (PDF Files only).
- To facilitate recommendation letters, we provide an online recommendation system. Please follow the online instructions step by step.
Ms. Mei-Tsue Chang
886-6-2353535 Ext. 5532
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University,
No.1, University Road, Tainan City 701, Taiwan (R.O.C)